The fair sex is constantly trying to improve their appearance: makeup, manicure, pedicure, eyelash extensions, eyebrow correction, etc. One of the most important procedures that allows a girl to feel comfortable is epilation. There are many methods by which you can easily get rid of unwanted hair, but one of the most common is hair removal sugar (shugaring). Many girls wonder whether it is possible to do a shugaring during menstruation, if the correction is scheduled for this period, or if it is worthwhile to postpone the procedure to another day.
Can i do
The menstruation period is a natural, monthly process in the life of a woman, at the moment of which, the uterus mucous layer and the unfertilized egg, which has grown in a month, are removed from the body through uterine bleeding from the vagina. It is not a secret to anyone that critical days are accompanied by a deterioration in the general condition of the woman (pain in the lower abdomen, increased irritability, excessive fatigue) and during such a period of time, medical workers advise against giving up any self-help procedures. Shugaring a bikini or other area of the body is also best done after the menstrual period, due to the fact that the secondary symptoms of the regul is reduction of the pain threshold and increased overall sensitivity. Thus, when making a sugar epilation, a woman will feel more intense pain, which may be accompanied by dizziness, fainting, fever, etc.
However, despite the above recommendations of qualified professionals, there is no strict ban on the removal of excess hair with sugar. It all depends solely on the individual characteristics of the girl and if the period of critical days is not accompanied by unpleasant symptoms, then you should not refuse to take care of yourself.
There are many factors in the presence of which it is strictly forbidden to do shugaring:
- Elevated blood sugar (diabetes),
- Traumatic injuries of the skin in which the epilation will be performed,
- The first 2-3 days of the menstrual period
- The presence of malignant tumors in the body,
If a woman finally decided to make a shugaring during menstruation, then she needs to be prepared for the following adverse events:
- Severe swelling of the skin (due to low platelet count),
- Increased pain (due to increased sensitivity),
- Inflammatory processes in the epilation zone (imbalance of hormonal elements, increased skin greasiness),
- The appearance of bruises and bruises is possible (the process of blood clotting worsens during the regul period),
- The appearance of pigmentation spots (due to increased levels of melanocyte).
All of the above effects are considered normal, but if such complications occur for a long time, it is better to contact a knowledgeable specialist for help.
How to avoid problems
If epilation in the intimate area cannot be transferred, the following recommendations should be followed to minimize the likelihood of unpleasant complications:
- Immediately prior to shugaring, a gentle and non-traumatic peeling procedure should be performed on those skin areas where hair will be removed,
- Skin to disinfect possible wounds, it is necessary to wipe with an antiseptic,
- Epilation in the intimate area should be accompanied by careful observance of hygienic measures of the genital organs. At the time of the procedure, the girl is recommended to use a tampon, which will prevent the flow of bleeding,
- After shugaring is completed, it is necessary to treat the skin with talcum powder and moisturizing gels, which will soothe it, preventing the occurrence of irritation and inflammation,
- On the day when hair removal was carried out, it is not recommended to expose your body to intense loads and overheating - this contributes to increased perspiration, and sweat, in turn, causes inflammatory processes.
At home or in the cabin?
In order to independently make depilation intimate or other areas, the fair sex should be fully aware of the tactics of this event. But if you need to make a shugaring during menstruation, experts recommend contacting the salon. Professional masters are able to perform the manipulation of hair removal much faster and more painless than you. They also have all the necessary preparations and devices for safe hair removal, not provoking unpleasant complications.
The subtleties and nuances of shugaring these days
First of all, take seriously the choice of the master, who will carry out all hygiene measures before your eyes and at least will offer disposable panties. Intimate zone during menstruation can be compared with an open wound. To reduce the painful sensations, take an anesthetic drug before visiting the master. Also try to take a shower before the procedure and introduce a new tampon right before the procedure, and during the process take a comfortable posture. The first few days after the session is not recommended to visit the bath, pool, sauna.
If possible, sign up for the procedure at least not on the first day of menstruation, postpone the visit to the master on the 3-4 day of the cycle. On average, the 14th day of the cycle is considered the best day for conducting such manipulations. It is believed that in the first week after the end of menstruation, hair grows more slowly.
At the first stage, the master makes preparation of the site being depilated. This cleansing and disinfection of the skin, anti-inflammatory talcum treatment. A sweet paste is applied a small area of the skin necessarily against the growth of hair (this is the main difference from wax epilation). After hardening, the mixture is sharply “torn off” according to hair growth. Manipulation can be repeated several times for complete hair removal. It is advisable to scrub the area, which will undergo epilation. To use this service even during menstruation is due to its advantages:
- the method does not cause allergies
- no ingrown hairs
- low invasiveness of the method
- with the right choice of paste, shugaring will suit even sensitive skin.
The shugaring procedure can be done at home, but this method has a number of drawbacks, all the same shugaring requires certain skills. Pasta may simply not work. During menstruation, resort to this procedure only if it is extremely necessary. After epilating a deep bikini, nourish your intimate skin with creams with natural ingredients, regularly scrub your skin to prevent ingrown hair.
Attention! There are contraindications to the procedure:
- Skin damage
- Oncological diseases,
- Varicose veins
As one wise man said: “A well-groomed girl is one that at any moment is ready for a photo shoot in underwear.” Shugaring not only makes the skin smooth and velvety for a long time, but also gives confidence.
The consequences of the procedure on critical days
A girl who decides to hold a shugaring not after her menstruation, but directly during the menstruation itself, must understand that there are a number of consequences that may arise partially or not at all. But it is better to be prepared in advance and understand the responsibility of this choice:
- In the area of epilation or depilation, edema may occur, which will not come down for quite some time. This happens because of a decrease in the number of platelets in the blood.
- Pain does not pass immediately and is felt more acutely than at any other time. The fact is that hormones behave in a special way at this time, and the sensitivity in girls rises sharply.
- If the skin is poorly sanitized, there is a risk of inflammation. The skin becomes more oily during this period, so it becomes harder to degrease it, and this, in turn, increases the chance of dirt particles entering open areas.
- Small bruises or scratches can be observed on the hair-free spot. Since blood coagulability is deteriorating and it is more abundantly flushed to the skin, soft tissues can be damaged even by light pressure. Especially well this symptom can be traced in the bikini area.
- Another unpleasant consequence is the possibility of hyperpigmentation. Skin cells responsible for producing such a pigment as melanin become more sensitive. Therefore, if during the shugaring the master has damaged a skin area, this can provoke the appearance of an extraneous pigment.
The menstrual cycle is very whimsical and can often change for various reasons, so many girls often face the problem when the time of shugaring coincides with the monthly periods. It is not desirable to risk with the female body, but you always want to be perfect, so many women try to replace sugar depilation with another, safer procedure. Usually the most common methods are:
- Various creams for depilation and hair removal.
A razor is not the most beloved female tool, primarily due to the fact that after its use there can be the same consequences as after shugaring. However, this method is still safer, since there is an opportunity to independently control the process and another plus: the absence of pain. For depilation of the intimate area, it is recommended to use specially designed creams. The effect of this method is shorter and, of course, there is a risk of ingrown hairs.
Opinion of doctors
Doctors in this matter are not categorical, but still recommend postponing shugaring during menstruation. First of all, because you can not exclude the appearance of unpleasant consequences, such as swelling or inflammation. And if the menstruation is very painful, then depilation can cause additional stress for the body. How hormones will behave in this case is difficult to predict, but it is recommended not to test it for yourself.
So, of course, the best way to get rid of unwanted hair will help shugaring, and holding it during menstruation is not prohibited, but it is worth remembering the consequences that this choice can cause. However, there are times when there is really an urgent need for sugar depilation during menstruation. In this case, it is better to get acquainted with the procedures that will help you properly prepare for going to the salon. Every girl should remember that there are many methods of depilation and hair removal and you need to choose your method based on the individual characteristics of the organism.
The effect of shugaring on the menstrual cycle
The hair removal procedure does not affect the hormones, is not associated with the action of any chemicals and therefore does not change the menstrual cycle. From this point of view, it is perfectly safe to make shugaring during menstruation for healthy women.
In women with existing hormonal disorders, the release of adrenaline, glucocorticoids, and some other hormones caused by exposure to the skin and pain receptors, can change the course of menstruation. They may be shorter in this cycle, but this is not a necessary consequence.
The effect of menstruation on the skin
During your period you should not go in for sports and dye your hair. However, shugaring does not apply to this list. Therefore, if necessary, make shugaring during menstruation is possible.
Here are some notes on this:
- It should be borne in mind that on critical days the skin is more susceptible to any effects, so the procedure will be more painful than on other days of the cycle,
- during epilation in the bikini area, a woman may experience hygienic inconvenience during her period,
- during shugaring during menstruation, the likelihood of such a side effect as pimples on the skin in the hair removal zone increases, they disappear, and to prevent them, you should get professional advice from a cosmetologist on skin care before and after the procedure,
- the days of menstruation are even more suitable for shugaring than the premenstrual period, because during menstruation the oiliness of the skin and its tendency to irritation are less than before the onset of critical days.
How to reduce discomfort from shugaring during menstruation
There are several general recommendations that will help to transfer the procedure of hair removal, even during menstruation, as comfortable as possible:
- to grow hair to the required length, at least 5 - 6 mm, so shugaring will be most effective, and thicker hairs will be removed more easily,
- 3 days before the procedure, begin to moisturize the skin in the treatment area with lotion at least three times a day,
- peel or scrub the skin before shugaring, depending on the treatment area,
- do not take strong coffee and alcoholic beverages on the day of manipulation, give preference to green tea and drinks rich in vitamin C,
- ask the master to use an anesthetic epilation cream that can completely eliminate pain,
- not to do the first shugaring session in life during menstruation,
- Before the procedure, you can take one of the OTC anesthetics, for example, paracetamol (of course, in the absence of contraindications to it),
- tune in positively, avoid thinking about the painfulness of the procedure, because most women shugaring even during their menstruation occurs with little or no discomfort,
- after the procedure, provide yourself with a short period of rest in order to have the possibility of additional skin care, as well as restoration of emotional calm.
The main condition for good tolerance and long-term effect of shugaring, even when performed during menstruation, is to be performed by an experienced specialist, who will take into account the patient's condition. We invite you to turn to professional beauticians in the salon Brazil. You can sign up for our masters by phone or online, leaving an online application form.
When it is impossible, but very necessary
Life is an unpredictable thing, so sometimes, contrary to the rules, you have to remove hair to look perfect. Better use a razor, this is the fastest and safest way.
If for some reason classical shaving is unacceptable, you should consult with a beautician, and also find out if epilation is possible during his period.
Shugaring, like vasking, is permissible only if a woman is sure that she can bear the pain and complete the depilation.
The best time for depilation: recommendations
- Remove hairs should be no earlier than 3-4 days of the menstrual cycle. Usually, by this time, the pain is a little dulled.
- Depilation deep bikini is carried out in the most extreme case with observance of all the rules of hygiene, after the procedure, treatment of the skin with antiseptics and natural creams is obligatory.
- A few days before menstruation, changes begin to occur in the body, worsening the results of depilation of excess hair. But in the first week after the end of menstruation, there is a slowdown in hair growth after the procedures; this is an extra reason to wait a little more than a good time.
When menstruation begins at the age of 13, the follicles are likely to remain light, and there is no need for shaving. But if by this age the monthly steel.
Laser hair removal is not recommended during menstruation due to the fact that in women on such days the pain threshold decreases and nervous irritability increases.