Women who have undergone treatment should know what not to do after cauterization of erosion - the result of treatment depends on it.
Violations of the integrity of the cervical epithelium is a complex pathology that is diagnosed in every second woman. Such a violation occurs for many reasons and has a background of inflammatory processes in the body. Cauterization is used when conservative treatment does not work.
Methods of radical effects on the mucous membrane of the cervix are constantly being improved, becoming more and more gentle for women. The prohibitions that a woman should adhere to after radical treatment depends on the method by which the cautery was performed.
The doctor, upon examination, establishes a visual disturbance of the mucous membrane of the cervix. Violations manifest themselves:
- mechanical injuries of the cervical mucosa - true erosion,
- spots of atypical red cylindrical epithelium that cannot protect the cervix and secrete mucus uncharacteristic for the vagina - pseudo-erosion,
- the influx of red cylindrical epithelium on the neck, or congenital erosion, characteristic of young women giving birth to 25 years.
Conservative treatment is the first way to influence the mucous membrane. It aims to relieve inflammation and stimulate the restoration of normal squamous epithelium.
If medication does not work, the doctor prescribes cauterization. The shock procedure for the body “restarts” the epithelium recovery process: instead of the “wrong” red cylindrical, characteristic of the internal channel of the cervix, the burn is closed with the “correct” multi-row flat.
The doctor chooses a cautery method based on many parameters - age, extensiveness of the lesion, and the need to preserve reproductive function. Only false erosion, or ectopia, is treated with cauterization.
For treatment, use the following methods of hardware effects on the cervix:
- exposure to high frequency current (diathermocoagulation) is one of the very first methods used to treat erosion. The method is considered outdated and severely traumatic mucous, painful and requiring a long period of rehabilitation - the equipment used does not make it possible to accurately regulate the depth and area of impact. A deep and bulky burn imposes long lasting restrictions on a woman’s life,
- exposure to liquid nitrogen or cryodestruction, more gentle method, the disadvantage of which is the inability to accurately influence the affected area. Recovery takes less time than when exposed to current,
- laser vaporization - impact on the mucous membrane with a precisely directed laser beam. It is considered one of the most effective methods due to the possibility of a point impact on the zone of erosion and to regulate the depth of the lesion. The recovery process after the procedure takes much less time than when burning with current or freezing. With sufficiently large erosion, the procedure should be carried out in several stages, which lengthens the rehabilitation period,
- radio wave method - is considered the most promising and gentle, allowing to form the smallest affected area,
- plasma ablation method (argon) - the effect of a plasma beam on the affected area, which makes it possible to quite accurately affect the epithelium, without affecting the "clean" surface,
- ultrasonic method in which radiation is affected by erosion,
- The method of medical cautery uses the property of some drugs to provoke a burn of the cervical mucosa, after which the eschar forms and the epithelium begins to recover.
After cauterization on the mucous membranes, a scab forms, under which a new “correct” epithelium is formed. After the discharge of the peel and strengthening of the mucous membranes, the woman can return to normal life.
When moxibustion is not performed
Not all women show radical treatment. There are a number of conditions in which the method becomes impractical.
Cauterization Contraindications are as follows:
- acute and chronic inflammation of the reproductive organs,
- genital infections and HPV,
- the presence of bleeding,
- blood diseases that violate its clotting,
- neoplasm of vagina and cervix,
- childbearing and breastfeeding,
- postpartum period
- fixed helix
- history of cesarean sections,
- pathology of the central nervous system,
- periods of exacerbation of chronic diseases,
- disorders of the cardiovascular system (in some cases).
If the reason for which they do not cauterize erosion, can be eliminated - medical treatment is carried out, and then decide on cauterization. This applies to inflammatory diseases and sexually transmitted infections, exacerbations of chronic pathologies.
The defect of the epithelium in most cases occurs against the background of inflammation, on this account the doctors do not have a common opinion whether erosion is a provocateur of inflammation, weakening the body's defense, or vice versa - constant infection affects the reproduction of the epithelium.
Regardless of the manner in which the intervention is performed, the procedure for treatment is as follows:
- After the diagnosis, the doctor makes a decision on cauterization.
- A woman comes in for the procedure in the first half of the physiological cycle (except for cauterization with electric current).
- The doctor prepares the zone of the previous operation - identifies and processes the area with the destroyed epithelium.
- Performs cauterization.
- A layer of necrotic tissue, a scab, forms on the surface. When exposed to radio waves, a thin film is formed.
- After a certain period of time for each method, the scab disappears, an epithelial covering or a full-fledged scar forms in its place.
- After examination, the doctor recognizes the woman is healthy.
For a speedy recovery on the behavior of women imposed restrictions, their meaning:
- protection of the mucosa from damage,
- prevention of infection, including sexually transmitted infections,
- saving the scab from premature damage,
- prevention of a rush of blood to the pelvis for the prevention of bleeding,
- preservation and enhancement of the body's immune defense.
The duration of prohibitions depends on the type of cautery and the process of epithelial recovery. To monitor the healing process, the doctor conducts a periodic examination of the patient.
It is important for the healing of the affected area and the prevention of recurrence of erosion is to strengthen the immune system. To do this, a woman needs to change her lifestyle. To do this, exclude:
- nervous stress
- physical and psychological overload
- negative attitude towards life and self,
- smoking and alcohol can cause vasospasm, pain,
- overeating and heavy food, which contributes to the inflow of blood to the pelvic organs, and can provoke bleeding,
- go to the frequent fractional food, which does not overload the body,
- observe drinking regime for the fastest elimination of the inflammatory process.
Excess weight is one of the factors that affect the change in the mucous membrane of the cervix and the thinning of the epithelium, so you need to adjust the diet in such a way as to eliminate weight gain.
Do not use tampons
After hardware treatment, the discharge is naturally natural - first blood-stained, then transparent. To maintain hygiene, a woman who has burned erosion should not use tampons - only external sanitary pads. The period of change of gaskets - as pollution, but not less than once every three hours. The use of tampons can contribute to the penetration of infection and trauma to the vaginal mucosa. The ban on the use of tampons is imposed for the entire healing period - up to 60 days. Linen should be comfortable, in size, from natural fabrics. Wearing synthetic underwear, strings, leads to irritation of the mucous membranes.
To exclude allergies, hygiene procedures should be carried out exclusively neutral soap without aromatic substances and additives.
Recommendations for hygiene procedures
In order not to provoke a rush of blood to the organs of the small pelvis and bleeding, for the entire period of rehabilitation it is prohibited:
- hot bath
- steam bath,
- Turkish baths.
Patients are advised to use a warm or cool shower to perform hygiene procedures. Bathing in a bath can lead not only to blood flow to the genitals, but also to overheating of the body, an increase in body temperature, premature rejection of the scab and bleeding. In addition, water can get into the vagina and provoke an infection.
Restrictions are imposed on douching - they can not be done after cauterization of cervical erosion until the epithelium is completely healed in order to avoid scab leaching and infection.
Limit sport and exercise
A woman who is actively involved in sports is banned from active physical activity until the body can recover from the intervention.
Strong physical exertion, lifting weights increase muscle tone and provoke pain, bleeding and premature tearing away of a scab.
For a patient who has suffered moxibustion, swimming in open ponds and public pools is unacceptable - this is dangerous by infection through water ingress into the vagina and rejection of the scab.
Women who are accustomed to doing light fitness can keep their usual way of life and start practicing as early as 7 days after cauterization. If this provokes pain or discharge, practice should be stopped before the wound heals.
For athletes who can not lose their shape, the load can be resumed after a few days with a move from weak to strong loads, but under close medical supervision.
Sex and pregnancy planning
For the complete healing of the burn after intervention and the timely removal of a scab, gynecologists prohibit traditional sex until the woman is fully cured. When sexual intercourse is committed, the risk of mechanical injury to the mucous membrane, premature scab separation and infection is high. The possibility of resuming intimate relationships depends on how erosion heals after cauterization, but not earlier than 60-90 days after the intervention.
In some cases, after a scab separation and a woman’s well-being, it is possible to use nontraditional types of sex and masturbation to improve the general condition and enhance the protective properties of the immune system.
Pregnancy can be planned only after complete recovery and the passage of the first menstruation, it should be taken into account that after cauterization the menstruation may shift.
Treatment and medical examination
The medical process requires an examination of the woman during the recovery period. It is undesirable to use ultrasound with a vaginal sensor for inspection and unscheduled consultations. This will act as prevention of premature scab separation and infection. Examination can only be carried out by a doctor who burned erosion, all preventive examinations (for work, for obtaining a medical book) should be limited.
Until the moment of healing with the same purpose, vaginal suppositories should not be used, if necessary, they are prescribed after the scab has disappeared.
The occurrence of re-erosion
At default of recommendations recurrence of an erosion is possible. The main causes of recurrent disease are:
- low immunity, which is provoked by stress, hard work, inflammatory processes in the body, malnutrition or vice versa - obesity,
- acute infectious diseases or exacerbation of chronic diseases,
- age hormonal failures or pregnancy,
- violation of sexual hygiene (many sexual partners, unprotected, rough sex, the use of sex toys).
Initially incorrect definition of the cause of the disease or incorrectly prescribed treatment can lead to a recurrence of erosion.
Restoration after cauterization of erosion
The cautery method of erosion is based on chemical and hardware effects. To remove the affected tissue using an electric current, laser, liquid nitrogen, radio waves, chemical compounds. Regardless of the method of cauterization of erosion after a burn, a small wound remains in the damaged area of the epithelium. Over time, it becomes covered with a crust. So the body is protected from dirt and infections. A scab in a couple of weeks is rejected and removed from the body, but the wound heals for several months.
The timing and outcome of postoperative rehabilitation depends on various factors. Usually, in the first days after the procedure, a woman is invited to a reception and on an outpatient basis, the cervix is treated. The doctor examines the wound, assesses the state of healthy tissues, gives the necessary recommendations and tells the patient about what symptoms can be observed during the recovery period after cauterization of erosion.
Independently choose medicines, apply folk recipes and make dubious manipulations unsafe. Regeneration of the mucous tissue of the vagina may be disrupted, leading to long-term recovery and complications.
Medical recommendations during the healing period
During the cautery procedure, uterine tissue is injured. Pathogenic bacteria can enter the wounds. To protect the damaged surface from infections and speed up healing, the doctor prescribes additional drug therapy. The following remedies are most often recommended:
- Lebomekol antibacterial ointment,
- Dermazin antimicrobial cream,
- candles Genferon, Depantol, Betadine, accelerating tissue regeneration,
- colpocide antiviral gel,
- tablets Terzhinan.
Cauterization using liquid nitrogen and electric current are referred to as destructive methods. They have an aggressive effect on the tissues; in the postoperative period this can cause discomfort and pain. In such cases, analgesics are usually prescribed. More gentle laser and radio wave therapy is not accompanied by painful symptoms. For complete recovery and maintenance of the body after such procedures, it is possible to apply vitamin-mineral complexes and immunostimulating preparations.
The goal of medical treatment for neck erosion after cauterization is to prevent inflammation and stimulate the growth of healthy cells. Since the recovery is gradual, each stage must be monitored. During regular check-ups, the doctor examines the changes and makes additional recommendations after cauterization of erosion.
It takes an average of 2 months to fully heal and regenerate the vaginal tissues. Rehabilitation proceeds in different ways. The duration of the process is affected by:
- the quality of the operation,
- the presence of complications
- the health and immunity of the woman
- ability of fabrics to renew.
The timing of rehabilitation depends on how erosion was removed. After the chemical effect on the mucous membrane, which is used to eliminate small lesions, it takes a month to recover. The safest methods are treatment with radio waves and cauterization with laser pulses. They do not leave deformations and wounds on the mucous membrane of the vagina.
The postoperative period is not more than 6 weeks after cauterization. If liquid nitrogen was used, the body and the reproductive system will return to normal in 1.5-2 months. The uterus heals the longest after electric current treatment.
Diathermocoagulation is the most traumatic and painful way to combat erosion. A woman will need 2.5-3 months to fully recover.
These figures and terms are valid with the correct recovery process in compliance with all the recommendations of the doctor and in the absence of complications. In rare cases, rehabilitation after cauterization of cervical erosion may be accompanied by infections, inflammation and other unpleasant health problems.
Restrictions during the recovery period
After removing erosion by cauterization, the doctors give the patient clear and specific appointments. Anything that can interfere with healing should be excluded. A weakened body during the rehabilitation period requires careful treatment. Even if you feel well, listen to the doctors and do not ignore the prohibitions. Much needs to be given up, but all contraindications are temporary.
Restrictions after treatment of cervical erosion are many. If a woman is allowed to go home after the operation, it is better not to sit for the first two days. Rest, free yourself from household chores and avoid stressful situations. During the month it is advisable not to take a bath and wash in the shower. You can not visit the baths, saunas, swimming pools and open ponds.
Sunbathing and being under the sun for a long time is also not recommended. Сходить в солярий можно будет только через 20 дней после процедуры и обязательно с разрешения врача.
После прижигания спорт и фитнес противопоказаны. Тренироваться можно, но допустимы только лёгкие упражнения без приседаний, прыжков, беговых нагрузок. If you can’t imagine your life without daily sports activities, try Nordic walking or yoga. This is a good alternative for keeping fit in the first month after surgery. In case of deterioration, any load must be excluded.
Do not lift bags and heavy objects weighing more than 3 kg. Neglect of this prohibition can cause severe bleeding.
Alcohol-containing drinks dilate blood vessels and cause cramps. These conditions are dangerous in the postoperative period. Drinking alcohol after cauterization is impossible. To speed up rehabilitation, other bad habits should be abandoned.
Restrictions apply to sex. For 1.5 months to have sex after cauterization of erosion of the cervix is prohibited. Such a term prescribed by doctors, it can not be reduced. It will be possible to return to intimate life only when the gynecologist confirms the complete healing of the damaged tissues.
Particular attention during the rehabilitation period should be given to intimate hygiene. Among the contraindications after cauterization of erosion is the use of tampons. To prevent infection and bacterial multiplication, choose a gasket. You need to change funds every 3 hours. It is possible to use tampons at the end of the prescribed period and only with the permission of the doctor.
The natural signs of healing during rehabilitation include discomfort in the lower abdomen and blood discharge. Excessive bleeding with an unpleasant odor and severe pain indicate the onset of complications. This may be endometriosis, repeated erosion, inflammation of the ovaries, fallopian tube and other abnormalities. The occurrence of unwanted symptoms after cauterization of cervical erosion must be reported to your doctor. Appealing to a specialist will allow timely identification and elimination of the cause of the development of pathologies.
What is erosion and how to treat it
Cervical erosion - a violation of the structure, the defectiveness of the mucous membrane of the cervix. The possibility of its occurrence is detected in the female representatives of different ages.
Examination and prescription of treatment by a doctor are very important, because erosion and its symptoms often carry the risk of a cancer.
Erosion is a site of red epithelium, which is located around the external pharynx (size from 2 mm to 2 cm).
Symptoms and Causes
Such a diagnosis is often made by the gynecologist only on examination, because the disease itself is manifested in rare cases. Patients come for consultation to the doctor only in case of pain during sexual contact and bloody or purulent discharge after it.
Discharge speaks about the accession of infection.
- the development of sexual life at an early age
- sexually transmitted infections and inflammations of the female genital tract
- hormonal abnormalities and weakened immunity,
- birth defect
- Chemical coagulation is the treatment of a site of damage with drugs designed for this purpose, which help to destroy the site of damage to the cylindrical epithelium. At the same time, squamous epithelium remains intact and closes the area for recovery. This method of removal is considered the easiest, but if more serious procedures are needed, it will not be effective enough.
- Cryodestruction - an area damaged by inflammation, treated with liquid nitrogen. It leads to instantaneous cooling of tissues and crystallization of intracellular and extracellular fluid. The vital activity of frozen cells, microcapillaries stops, which leads to the destruction and death of tissue, which is subsequently removed from the body within 1-2 months.
- Laser coagulation - is carried out using a laser that is inserted into the vagina. The beam is sent to the area of education, to cauterize the inflamed areas, remove them. At the same time, small capillaries are healed in order to avoid bleeding and the entry of bacterial infections. Erosion of the cervix after cauterization in this way is completely removed.
- Diathermocoagulation (electric current) - operation using electric current. Which removes the damaged areas and contributes to the appearance of the scar. But there is a possibility that this procedure will not be able to cope, therefore this method is rarely used now.
- Radio wave surgery - the method is to convert the radiation of radio oscillations into energy, located at the end of the surgical electrode. When it is exposed, the affected tissues are removed, and healthy tissues around are not injured.
- Drug removal - a necrosis agent is used, which forms a dry crust, which is later replaced by a layer of new epithelium.
- Drug treatment - made with the help of drugs that can act on inflammation and restore damaged tissue.
Contraindications to cauterization:
- inflammation in the genital area,
- sexually transmitted diseases,
- a large amount of blood
- poor blood clotting,
- malignant tumors
- pregnancy, often - lactation period,
- recent childbirth
- previously performed cesarean section
- certain types of mental disorders
- the presence of acute chronic diseases
- wearing a pacemaker
- In the first month and a half after cauterization of erosion, it is impossible to return to sexual activity. To avoid inflammation you need to refrain from sexual contact. Returning to sex is possible only after an examination by a gynecologist, who will give permission.
- It is forbidden to lift weights, otherwise it may increase the risk of complications and earn uterine tone.
- After the removal of erosion, it is forbidden to swim in the reservoirs, as well as to visit institutions dedicated to water procedures. Allowed to take a shower.
- As a little help, a woman can do a little home treatment. Which is the use of tampons with sea buckthorn oil or ointment. This may contribute to the fact that the scab will quickly become softer and easier to move. It can also help prevent its wrong separation, which can lead to bleeding.
- Planning a pregnancy for a month after cauterization is not possible. Waiting time - until the end of the menstrual cycle after the procedure. In addition, a mandatory medical consultation is required.
- Ultrasound, using the vaginal sensor, is also banned for the first time after the removal of inflammation.
- To reduce the risk of infection and the development of bacterial microflora, pay great attention to intimate hygiene. Change the pads as they are contaminated, but do not wear one and tighter for more than three hours. From tampons at the time will have to give up. Lingerie should be chosen from natural fabrics.
- Smoking, drinking alcohol is not allowed. This affects the expansion of blood vessels and the occurrence of their spasm. Therefore, to avoid bleeding, give up these bad habits in the first two months.
- It is necessary to behave carefully with folk remedies in order to accelerate healing. Because they can cause quite the opposite result. Especially, you need to be more careful with different solutions in order not to infect the infection and not to cause burns or injuries that can cause bleeding. Any procedures that you want to carry out yourself, be sure to first discuss with your doctor, otherwise unverified reviews of certain means can lead to disastrous results.
- Putting a spiral is allowed only after healing, so as not to carry the infection.
Frequently asked Questions
The process is absolutely painless. Fearing and postponing the operation is not worth it, it can only hurt yourself. On the cervix is very few nerve endings, so you can not worry about the painless operation. So that the potential patient can sleep peacefully.
Pregnancy is possible, but only after waiting for the term of complete recovery - 1-2 months, in order to still have time to recover. For women planning a pregnancy, you need to correctly determine the method of removal. Diathermocoagulation is strictly contraindicated. Since during this operation, a scar is formed, which can complicate the process of childbirth. When you can start planning a pregnancy, you need to check with your gynecologist.
Only for some reason, can inflammation again make itself felt:
- getting injured in childbirth or abortion,
- introduction of a dangerous infection
- previous damage factor is not completely removed,
- cauterization using nitrogen or chemical coagulation - procedures that allow incomplete removal of damage,
Try to avoid these causes so that the cervix does not get injured again.
Depending on how the operation was performed. The fastest healing period is after chemical coagulation (3 weeks). The longest - after diathermocoagulation (2.5-3 months). In average, the uterus heals for about 6-8 weeks.
By following all these simple recommendations after cauterization of cervical erosion, possible complications can be avoided and healing can be accelerated. Most women who decided on this procedure, who followed the rules for recovery after surgery, forgot about the problems associated with the cervix.
Do not be afraid to go for this operation, because it is completely painless, but if you cannot overcome your fear, the doctor can provide you with painkillers and sedatives. Follow all the advice of a doctor and carefully monitor your health.
After cauterization with a current, candles are prescribed with active substances that have disinfecting effects and accelerate metabolic processes.
At the stage of scab rejection to relieve inflammation and fight infection, affordable antiseptic agents have proven themselves well. candles Hexiconused twice a day for a week.
Hexion successfully replace the following products:
- antibacterial synthomycin candles,
- antifungal candles Pimafucin, Livarol,
- combined candles Terzhinan, Poliginaks.
The frequency of use of each tool is determined individually by the attending physician, he also determines the beginning of the next stage of treatment.
After the woman stops the spotting, the healing phase begins, during which they use:
- Methyluracil. These candles relieve inflammation and restore local immunity, heal, improve cell nutrition. Used both rectally and vaginally. Assigned to 1-2 candles up to 4 times per day,
- Depantol. Antimicrobial and restorative action. Candles use 1 pc. in the morning and evening during the week,
- Sea-buckthorn candles. Heal wounds and relieve pain, have antimicrobial action. Used in the morning and evening for 2 weeks.
For rapid healing after cauterization of cervical erosion treatment with candles Depantol or methyluracil candles.
Bathing and tanning
Is it possible to swim in the sea after cauterization of cervical erosion?
You can only wash in the shower, it is contraindicated to dive into water, so during the rehabilitation period you will have to abandon bathing in the bathroom, swimming in the pool and open water.
Is it possible to sunbathe after cauterization of cervical erosion? Even to sit on the beach, to admire the sea, can only be in the shade.
At all being in the open sun during the recovery period should be limited. You can visit the solarium in 20 days and only after the doctor’s permission.
Is sex possible after cauterization of cervical erosion? Sexual rest after the procedure is recommended to observe for one and a half months.
Sexual life can resume only after reaching a certain stage of healing, which can be determined by the gynecologist during the examination.
Sport and carrying weights
It is not recommended to load the bag heavier than 3 kg and expose yourself to high physical exertion, since severe bleeding can result.
Is it possible to play sports after cauterization of cervical erosion? Light exercises are allowed to begin to engage in a week after cauterization., but with the slightest deterioration of the condition, all loads should be discarded until complete recovery.
The exception is made by professional athletes, for whom a break in classes threatens to exercise, but before the start of exercise you should consult with a sports doctor.
We'll have to give up bad habits that cause spasm and dilation of blood vessels. it drinking alcohol and smoking.
During treatment, one should especially beware of infection and the development of bacterial flora, therefore intimate hygiene should pay close attention.
It will be necessary to refuse tampons, and laying needs to be changed more often.
Duration and features of rehabilitation
Since cauterization of erosion does not apply to complex manipulations, it does not lead to serious consequences. Completely natural phenomena will be:
small pulling pains in the abdomen for several days after the procedure.
The severity and discomfort are quite natural, but severe pain is most likely a signal of an incipient complication.
Light discomfort is eliminated by taking anesthetic drug,
In most cases, after 1–2 days, women do not feel any effects of cauterization, except for discharge, decreasing from day to day, and the duration of the healing period depends on the cautery method used.
Laser processing Allows you to remove only damaged tissue. The treated place is covered with a thin film, which is rejected in 1.5–2 weeks.
After the procedure, whitening may be enhanced or a slight brown color may appear. Healing takes place very quickly.
Radio wave method It is considered sparing. On the treated area is formed not a scab, but a thin film, which is rejected after about 10 days.
For some time there may be bloody brown discharge, but in the bulk (9 out of 10 women) there is neither bleeding nor purulent discharge. It takes 3-4 weeks to heal.
Diathermocoagulation or cauterization by electric current the oldest of all the methods used and therefore the longest healing time.
The formed scab after removal of cervical erosion rejects after 1–1.5 weeks, during this period there are discharges containing blood and pus, the inclusion of which decreases day by day.
If liquid nitrogen is used to treat (cauterize) erosion of the cervix, the scab is rejected after 10–12 days.
Some time after the procedure, watery discharge is observed. In 4–6 weeks, complete healing takes place.
Chemical method. Healing lasts quickly, 20–30 days, which is associated with the use of the procedure only for small erosions.
One month after cauterization cervical erosion, many resume sexual intercourse, since there are no external symptoms, nothing hurts inside. You can not do it this way.
When a month has passed after cauterization of erosion of the cervix, you should definitely see your doctor, who will give further recommendations and permission only after examining the healing cervix.
Then it will be clear whether it is time to resume sex life, begin to play sports, swim in open ponds or bath, sunbathe.
If a woman will comply with all recommendations of the attending physician, the process of healing and restoration after cauterization of cervical erosion will be completed successfully, there will be no complications, and there will be no discomfort during the rehabilitation period.
The patient should not guess what measures will best affect the recovery, you just need to obey the doctor and strictly adhere to the recommended restrictions.
What is erosion?
Erosion is a violation of the integrity of the mucous layer of the vaginal part of the cervix. More often the complication of erosion is inflammation.
The fact is that the damaged mucosa is a gate for pathogenic flora, which affects not only the neck itself, but also extends further to all reproductive organs of a woman.
Erosion can have congenital and acquired character, and therefore can be diagnosed in women of any age.
Acquired erosion in turn is divided into true erosion and pseudo-erosion..
True erosion is directly a wound on the mucous membrane, which can appear for a number of reasons.
And pseudo-erosion is what happens to the wound on the mucous membrane two weeks after its occurrence - the cells of the squamous epithelium are replaced by cylindrical cells, which create various defects on the vaginal part of the cervix.
Чаще всего диагностируется псевдоэрозия, которую лечить консервативно достаточно сложно, поэтому в этом случае используется прижигание.
В арсенале современной медицины имеется несколько способов прижигания erosion, each has its own positive and negative sides, indications and contraindications, and also features of the postoperative period.
The choice of cauterization method is done by a doctor - only a competent specialist can choose the best way to remove erosion in each case.
The most common today are the following methods of cauterization of erosion:
- Chemical or drug moxibustion erosion. In most cases, physicians use the drug Solkvagin, which is used to achieve necrotic changes in the damaged tissues, resulting in a scab and its subsequent replacement with a new epithelial layer.
- Ultrasound treatment.
- Cryodestruction - erosive formation is frozen with liquid nitrogen, after which the affected tissue is destroyed.
- Laser removal is a gentle and painless method that is highly effective.
- Electronization - a method that is used in advanced cases of erosion and dysplasia of the neck. Allows you to get rid of atypical cells.
- Argon plasma ablation - A new method of removing erosion using argon.
- Radio wave removal is an innovative and advanced method based on the use of radio waves.
- Diathermocoagulation is an outdated method of removing erosion by electric current.
Despite the fact that diathermocoagulation is considered the most traumatic method of removing erosion, it is still relevant. A woman who follows this procedure must understand that it is strictly prohibited to use such a method for giving birth.
What are the symptoms?
Despite the fact that cauterization is carried out by different methods, its essence boils down to the removal of altered epithelial tissues.
The procedure is carried out on an outpatient basis, and it should be understood that an instantaneous return of health to the injured organ is impossible.. A recovery period will be required during which additional therapy is needed.
The healing process should be supervised by a specialist, in addition, during rehabilitation, a woman should follow some recommendations and limitations.
Although cauterization of erosion is not a complicated manipulation, it is an intervention during which the tissues, albeit unhealthy, are removed, therefore the symptoms after cauterization of erosion will be the following:
- Discomfort in the lower abdomen, heaviness and pain. But the patient should not feel too much pain, otherwise it indicates complications.
- Discharges that can be observed over the course of a week or two. In the first days, there may be blood impurities in the discharge, but then it will be clear mucous discharge with an uncharacteristic (but not putrid) smell.
- Some patients may experience changes in the menstrual cycle, most often this happens if erosion was triggered by hormonal disorders. A woman may have delayed menstruation, scanty or too heavy periods.
To say that after cauterization, the condition of the woman will not be serious, most often the malaise may occur during the first two days, after which, apart from the discharge, the woman is not bothered.
What to do after the procedure
On average, the recovery period lasts about 2 months, although its length certainly depends on the cautery method..
In order to heal the postoperative wound faster, the area of intervention must be decontaminated and softened.
The doctor will recommend antiseptics, and the first few procedures are best performed on an outpatient basis, and with the permission of the doctor in the future to carry out independently.
Unauthorized use of drug or folk remedies is unacceptable, as an improperly chosen tool can disrupt the regenerative processes in the mucous membrane.
The doctor can write out antibacterial, immunostimulating, regenerative and anti-inflammatory suppositories.and:
After the complete cessation of bleeding is assigned:
If the intervention was carried out by low-impact methods, such as radio waves, means are recommended that accelerate the regenerative processes in the tissues.
What can not be done?
Regardless of what method of cauterization of erosion was chosen, in the postoperative period it is impossible:
- lead a sex life
- carry weights,
- do sport,
- go to saunas and baths,
- swim in public and natural waters,
- to take a bath,
- use tampons,
- take pills that can trigger high blood pressure,
- use any means without the recommendation of a specialist.
In addition, it is recommended to monitor the regularity of the chair and avoid constipation..
We learn what moments are inherent in the process of recovery of the female body after the procedure.
Sometimes a woman who has undergone a cautery procedure of erosion may feel itchy sensations in the area of internal genital organs. Doctors consider such sensations to be quite normal for the recovery period: the itching is usually weak, and within a few days it goes away without outside intervention. Inflammation.
This complication happens if, during cauterization of erosion, an infection was introduced. Note that the treated sore is a very vulnerable part of the body susceptible to infection: therefore, it is necessary to process erosion very carefully.
After cauterization, hygienic procedures should be performed with clean hands and water, without using cosmetics with chemicals. If the inflammation has begun, the immediate assistance of a physician is necessary, since the treatment in this case requires urgent treatment. Temperature.
This symptom is a sign of an inflammatory process. As a rule, if the body temperature rises, the general state of health worsens, and also abundant spotting appears. Relapse
Sometimes cauterization of erosion does not give positive results for a long period of time, and soon after the procedure, the sore appears again. Relapse is considered a complication of cauterization, and most often becomes a consequence of the inflammatory process that has begun in the body. Scarring.
More recently, the problem of scars after burning erosion was quite acute. Scars on the cervix sometimes even led to infertility of women, and also greatly complicated the process of conception, childbirth and childbirth: the scarred uterus was not well reduced.
However, now with the modern development of medical technology, the problem of scars is almost completely solved. After laser treatment or exposure to liquid nitrogen, the healing of the sores takes place quickly and without complications - scarring, as a rule, does not remain. Smell.
Many women who have experienced cauterization of erosion are tormented after the procedure by the problem of unpleasant odor of discharge. However, the smell is usually inherent only to the discharge in the first month after the procedure; it indicates the healing of the scab (crust) of the treated erosion.
Features of recovery after treatment with cauterization
In most cases recovery period lasts from a month to twowhile at the same time it is extremely important to adhere to the regime of complete sexual abstinence during the first month and, as a rule, the wound heals itself.
Note that the duration of the rehabilitation period after cauterization also depends on what method this cauterization was carried out. After the traditional current procedure, the recovery period takes 2 months, after cryodestruction - 1.5 months, after the laser - a month, after exposure to radio waves - 1-1.5 months. If chemicals were used to treat erosion, the recovery period lasts from three to four weeks.
Cervical Erosion Treatment Procedure
After cauterization of erosion on the epithelium of the cervix remains an open wound with a tightening crust (scab). This wound becomes a vulnerable spot for the infection to penetrate, so in some cases the doctor prescribes additional funds to the patient to treat the healing area.
As a rule, topical ointments are prescribed:
- Colpocid gel.
- Sea buckthorn oil.
In addition to these funds, you can use the tablets Verzhinan, as well as candles: Clotrimazole, Depantol, Betadine. We note that it is absolutely impossible to prescribe medication yourself: a doctor should deal with the treatment, and all medicines are applied only after his appointment.
Some of the drugs listed above belong to the antibacterial group, and they should be used only if there are suspicions and symptoms of infection and inflammation. If, however, uncontrolled use of such drugs, when there is no need for them, it can lead to a violation of the vaginal microflora - and the healing process will be complicated.
Usually, treatment with medicinal preparations of the healing scab is carried out 5-7 days after cauterization. And the tampon during the treatment is not used, so as not to injure the crust of the treated erosion.
What not to do?
Consider the security measures that a woman needs to take after suffering cauterization of erosion:
- The first step is to refrain from having sex during the month, as there is a high risk of infection in an open vulnerable wound.
- Secondly, it is worth to postpone taking baths (especially hot ones), swimming in ponds and pools, visiting saunas and baths. It is better to transfer all hygienic procedures to a shower - it is safer.
You should not lift significant severity, since excessive physical exertion can lead to prolonged healing of the scab, the appearance of a large number of clots in the discharge. Light sport is shown in two weeks, not earlier.
- To protect the laundry from the discharge, use pads, not tampons. The fact is that tampons can easily injure the healing wound: this can lead to bleeding and infection. Do not hold douching, and wash only need clean water without cosmetic preparations.
Since the second recovery month after cauterization, sex life is usually allowed, but only with a regular partner and using a condom.
Ultrasound with a vaginal sensor during the month after cauterization is also prohibited. In this case there is a risk of infection.
As has been repeatedly mentioned, after burning the erosion, a scab forms at the site of the ulcer, a wound covered with a healing crust. To prevent the eschar from starting to bleed, a hard crust needs to be softened: for this, special medicinal ointments are used. Ointments, creams and gels are administered inside, exerting a local effect on the wound. The following drugs are especially effective for treatment after cauterization:
- Levomekol ointment.
- Genferon candles.
- Methyluracil candles.
Depantol candles and some other drugs with antibacterial and wound-healing effects.
- It is very important to adhere to sterility during the recovery period after cauterization, since there is a high risk of infection of an open wound.
- In addition, be sure to adhere to all medical recommendations, not allowing independence in matters of therapy and choice of drugs. It is necessary to carefully monitor your condition, and if you find alarming symptoms, you should always consult a doctor.
- The healing of the wound usually takes place in three weeks - and at least this period is essential to adhere to all the recommendations of the doctor. If the procedure was carried out correctly, then after cauterization, the woman soon completely gets rid of the problem of erosion.
So, we have learned how the process of recovery of the female body proceeds after suffering cauterization of cervical erosion. As you can see, the consequences of this procedure can be very serious - and you need to pay close attention to all the alarming symptoms that arise.
Timely access to a doctor and the adoption of appropriate measures will help stop the dangerous consequences, and prevent the occurrence of relapses.
My Depantol healed well. I did not try without it. But I strictly follow all the recommendations of my gynecologist. I said 10 days to apply candles and not to lift anything heavy - I inserted it, did not lift anything heavy. And I can advise you to be treated to the end. Depantol does its job, just apparently needed a little longer. In addition, these candles are also antimicrobial; therefore, all parallel infections also take over. In general, do not throw.
When my daughter was 1.5 years old, they burned me with shock. And my daughter was dragging and physical peace was not, the house of business no one helped me and the carriage to drag. The husband worked constantly (but somehow they did everything right away and there was no need to re-cauterize)))))))))
Cervical erosion: symptoms and treatment. Personal experience
I also found a small erosion at the age of 17, but the doctors told me that it was not scary to say that it was small and had not yet given birth, so you should not burn it, but it didn’t bother me, after childbirth went to the doctor said everything was all right, after 3 -4 months went to the doctor again but to another, because it was very painful during intercourse every time as torture, she said that it was because of the inflamed suture that the douching of the candle and in the end nothing helped, and only in 8 months I went to 3 to the male doctor who told me, baby, yes, you have such a huge erosion here, and it was not frozen, after that really sexual life was improved painful sensations left, but after a few years, all the same, she manifested itself not completely, she disappeared tiny sores left uterus
Kick! Today I was “delighted” by her presence ... I sit and think - where are they from ?! There was the only man who, by the way, married me without telling me, although we had met with him for more than 2 years ... It turns out that this bastard gave me something “awarded” ?! And the infection started in erosion? In addition, it was necessary to immediately run to the doctor, after he disappeared. And a year later I accidentally found out Waiting for the result of a smear, and then tests and treatment ... I regret that I was such a naive fool. Payback your health
Here the young gynecologist sent me a young inexperienced person to burn it in 2009, I went, the conclusion: 16 hours of contractions and the opening as it was 1.5 fingers and it was, ex.
Moxibustion erosion and restrictions after
I was given restrictions for 10 days (while the selections are on), but on the 10th they did not stop and were told to extend another abstinence. It turned out that on 29.05 they burned, and the sex was 13.06 (for the joy of //), but I had to hold on more. In the end, after that the neck was covered and I was saved for 10 days for preservation and it turned out that there was no sex for another 10 days. Heavy, really, it is better not to wear, you need to walk less and remove all physical. load, though, with a child is difficult.
Damn, how lucky I am then. Until B was erosion. How bore-itself passed. And she did not give birth. it was a cop. The doctor was extremely surprised. And you, patience. I hate all these trips with picking between the legs (((
Treatment of erosion and subsequent pregnancy.
I did not burn it ... I was cured with a drug-induced disease ... there was an infection of the fungus ... at first the erosion got rid of it, it became possible to say much less in half. Then the preparations in the form of candles. the treatment was almost 4 meters stretched. when it was last time at the doctor. looked at the beauty said and said now after a month and a half to come to check, there may be a relapse. and the relapse may happen again because the body was used to candles for 4 meters and maybe without them again the same dance will be ... I’m waiting for a month and a half in November, I’ll go and watch ... if nothing is released with peace. if all the same comes back, then it will be cauterized. I can’t get out of the candles with candles. !
erosion does not affect the ability to get pregnant and pregnancy ... I was 18 years old (for a long time) was removed with nitrogen, my sister recently had a laser. There are no pain sensations. Then you can slightly belly and all. recovery somewhere month. and here I recently found her again, but there was no time to heal)))
Radiowave treatment of cervical erosion. How it was!
there was extensive erosion, kind of burned like radio waves. after unfortunately at the reception was not yet. it was not transmitted as pain, apparently due to the fact that it is extensive. the result was worth it. planned for a long time. First, each separately and together the last 8 months. in December, he burned a positive test in February. in January it was impossible. discharge was harsh and long, prescribed candles. in April I will go watch the state of the neck. are there scars there and can i give birth myself.
I also got radio waves burned on April 25 - until now (already 5 days) yellow water flows - and at night the night lining (long) does not save the deja — somehow still flows on the linen ((( will pour?
By the way, during the treatment I didn’t have aching pains in the lower abdomen - I felt some pain, so to speak. The most painful in this whole procedure was the very opening of the cervix at the very beginning
Good girl! Everything was over, let everything heal as soon as possible! I was not prescribed treatment, in principle, everything healed in a month, I didn’t drag at all, my husband didn’t worry, I tried not to be nervous, but I remembered when I came back from the hospital, I also had a stomach ache, drank either Noshpa or ketonal, I don’t remember и уснула))) Водичка, скоро польет, я спасалась прокладками (толстыми) Белла, другие не сдерживали накал)))))
Спасибо большое за ответ!
По вашему совету экстренно сходила ко врачу в платную клинику (тк очередь в ЖК только на след. неделе)
At the reception immediately took a smear on the purity of the vagina and oncocytology (the results will be the day after tomorrow).
So did colcoscopy and extended colcoscopy. According to the results - Leukoplakia. The doctor for some reason said that there is nothing terrible and it is necessary to do an analysis on HPV and if it is good, then nothing needs to be done, only to be observed regularly.
But when I got home, I began reading about Leukoplakia on the Internet and was horrified. They write that in 30% it turns into cancer. (((((
What can you say about the diagnosis of leukoplakia?
I present the data of colcoscopy:
shape - conical
Zev - form: rounded
Mucous - surface: shiny, color: pale pink
Vascular pattern - normal capillary distance
The mouth of the glands - state: open, quantity: single
+ normal kolkoskopichesky educations
stratified squamous epithelium - localization of I, II, III, IV
squamous metaplasia - localization of I, II, III, IV
+ normal kolkoskopichesky educations
acetowhite epithelium - localization I
leukoplakia - localization I
iodinegative zone - localization I
+ Poor colcoscopy - no
Ringoscopic diagnosis: Benign transformation zone, Leukoplakia.
There are more photos, if you want I can send / upload somewhere.
In the results of colcoscopy, the size of Leukoplakia was not written, but the doctor said that it was small.
I'd like to hear your opinion!
Thank you in advance, Elena
And Helen. sorry for perseverance, i'm very much rasperezhivalas. Here is what most physicians write on the Internet:
Thus, the sequence of actions after detection of leukoplakia of the cervix is as follows:
- the first is colposcopy of the cervix
- the second is a cervical biopsy
- Further actions depend on the results of the biopsy.
— leukoplakia is a precancerous process in the cervixIf the histology shows a picture of dysplasia in the leukoplakia focus,
— leukoplakia is no precancerous process on the cervixif the histology does not show a picture of dysplasia (and especially cancer) in the leukoplakia focus.
Ie this is not reliable information? and there is no need to do a biopsy ??