Climax - a period consisting of 3 periods (perimenopause, menopause, postmenopause). Characterized by a serious hormonal changes. After 45 years, the ovaries produce a smaller amount of estrogen, gradually it ceases to be fully produced, the body is significantly reduced in size, turning into a kind of rudiment.
At this time, all changes in the female body occur under the influence of an unstable amount and a changing ratio of estrogen and progesterone. Many will ask the question: where does the chest and mammary glands of a woman?
The chest is one of the most sensitive organs to the action of various hormones. As a result of their production during puberty, the mammary glands grow, during pregnancy and lactation - breast milk is produced, swelling and the appearance of pain occur before menstruation.
Chest pain during menopause is a characteristic symptom that occurs during periods of fluctuations in the composition of hormones. It has a cyclical nature, can also be observed with artificial or early menopausal syndrome.
Why hurts chest with menopause: other reasons
Not only the natural processes in the body can cause pain. Causes of pain are:
- Change in fatty acid composition. Adipose tissue in the chest occupies a significant proportion. With a decrease in estrogen produced by the ovaries, their production begins to engage in fat cells, whose number is growing. The ongoing processes can cause pain of a different nature.
- The development of osteochondrosis, diseases of the cardiovascular system. The lack of estrogen-containing substances leads to poor absorption of calcium, brittle bones, increases the risk of developing heart attacks, coronary heart disease, and the formation of cholesterol plaques. Painful sensations arising from the development of these pathologies may be given to the chest. They are characterized by the absence of localization of pain, blurring. Among the common causes of physicians distinguish Titse's disease - cartilage inflammation at the site of attachment of the ribs to the sternum.
- Stressful situations, mental imbalance. Women perceive the arrival of menopause differently. Some have pronounced sharp changes in mood, tearfulness, insomnia and other manifestations. This all affects the chemical reactions that take place inside.
- Previously suffered injuries or surgeries. Regardless of when it was, the injured tissue is more sensitive to the changes that are taking place. They can be sick, causing discomfort.
- Drug therapy. Acceptance of any drugs is a change in chemical processes inside the body. With a positive effect on the desired system (about 3 months or more), they can provoke the appearance of mastalgia.
- Bad habits. Smoking, excessive alcohol intake provoke an increase in adipose tissue, impaired blood circulation. This causes pain, for example, in the lobules of the breast.
- Pregnancy. In perimenopause, the probability of fertilization is quite high. The eggs are still there, they mature. If a woman ceases to be protected with a change in the duration of the cycle, it can lead to pregnancy, in the initial stages of which some signs are taken for menopause with characteristic symptoms, including swelling and hypersensitivity of the nipples, may cause pulling pain in the lower abdomen.
- Mastopathy. If the disease was diagnosed earlier, then during menopause, all its symptoms remain (nagging pain, discharge, redness). Also for the first time this pathology is often diagnosed after 45 years. This is due to the fact that the estrogen content changes dramatically.
- Malignant and benign neoplasms. The most dangerous reason that requires immediate treatment. Many women go to the doctor when the pain syndrome becomes too strong. Ignoring the symptoms leads to the fact that the patient with the advanced form of oncology in the final stages gets into the hands of the medical staff. Therefore, any change in shape, color, sensations is a reason to consult a specialist.
Increased volumes: is it normal?
During the perimenopause, a woman notes an increase in the volume of the breast. This can be a natural pain-causing process.
Everyone knows that the chest grows and takes its form to 20-25 years. Therefore, its increase after 45 causes some women fear and fear for their own health. In most cases, this is the norm, caused by the growth of adipose tissue. It occurs under the action of the following processes:
- Reduced metabolism while maintaining a large amount of fatty or high-calorie foods in the diet. Incoming calories do not have time to be spent in full, forming a fat depot.
- Lack of motor activity, which can increase energy consumption.
- Reduced estrogen production. This function takes over lipid tissue.
These processes may be accompanied by chest pain during menopause. It is important that all changes must be completed before the onset of the last menstruation, after which it is not typical for the mammary glands to change size.
Despite the physiological rate of increase in breast volume, especially against the background of a general increase in body weight, constant monitoring of women's health is required. This is associated with an increased risk of developing all sorts of pathologies of benign and malignant nature. For example, the degeneration of connective tissue into fibrous or fatty tissue can cause mastopathy.
You should immediately go for a medical examination, if you have a very clear localization of pain. Such signs are characteristic of symptoms of oncological diseases.
Breast pain with menopause: differential diagnosis
As we have already found out, there can be a large number of causes of pain, each of which requires its own treatment. Remember, in case of even minor pain of any nature, you need to contact a mammologist (in addition to scheduled examinations). This should be done to exclude the presence of pathologies, to diagnose them in time, to prescribe the correct therapy.
The following diagnostic procedures are possible as part of the survey:
- Personal examination, palpation. We study the shape, color, symmetry of the mammary glands, the presence of seals and other changes.
- Ultrasound. This method allows you to see the nature and structure of tissues, blood vessels.
- Mammography. An important, informative way, shows any changes, pathologies and so on.
- Biopsy. If necessary, the doctor may prescribe a puncture of the contents of the tumor with subsequent laboratory research.
- Tests for hormones. Required to determine the amount of essential substances of estrogen and progesterone.
Additional procedures are possible at the discretion of the attending physician. For example, if a pregnancy is suspected, a pelvic ultrasound will be performed, an x-ray, an MRI and so on. It is also possible to hold consultations with specialized specialists if acute or chronic diseases of adjacent systems are present.
From the correct and complete diagnosis depends on how effective the prescribed therapy will be. In some cases, sufficiently soothing drugs, and sometimes surgery is required. A woman must constantly monitor her health, especially after 45-50 years. It is during this period that the risk of developing tumors, including malignant ones, increases. They constitute a significant threat to the patient's life.
Treatment of chest pain during menopause
Remember, under no circumstances should you take any medication or folk remedies. Only a doctor can correctly identify the causes of mastalgia.
In the absence of pathologies, pain can be reduced by using two independent directions. First, adjust the diet and lifestyle, and secondly, take certain medications. Consider each case in more detail.
Lifestyle when chest hurts during menopause
First of all, you need to adjust your own behavior in order to achieve a stable result over time. This may include the following recommendations of doctors:
- Move more. These can be hourly walks in the fresh air, any kind of sports, including yoga. This will increase metabolism, reduce the accumulation of fatty tissue, it is better to saturate the body with oxygen. But avoid sharp movements that bring strong pain.
- When choosing a bra you need to focus on models that support the breast, but do not squeeze it. If necessary, it can even sleep. This measure leads to a decrease in the load on the muscles, skin, does not allow them to sag and stretch.
- Significantly reduce the fat content in food. Please note that completely abandoning them is strictly prohibited.
- Adjusting the diet in the direction of reducing salt intake, preservation, increasing the intake of natural diuretics (parsley, cucumbers), fiber (beans, raspberries, cereals).
- Limit consumption of coffee, caffeinated beverages, alcohol.
- Be sure to take a complex of vitamins for the appropriate age. This allows you to activate and stimulate the natural processes in the body.
To reduce the emerging pain, you should review your lifestyle, use supporting underwear, but not pressing chest.
Depending on the state of health of the woman, the severity of the climacteric syndrome, various drugs can be used. These include:
- Special vitamin complexes with mineral content. They contribute to a balanced intake of essential substances in the body. Their main advantage is a well-defined number of components, which excludes overdose, a convenient form of release and administration.
- To reduce pain, stress, psychological problems, sedatives, extracts and tinctures of medicinal herbs (valerian, motherwort) are prescribed. In difficult cases, the doctor may decide to prescribe antidepressants.
- For urgent relief of mastalgia, it is recommended to take analgesics at the discretion of the doctor. Their disadvantage is the danger of long-term use.
It is not recommended to resort to popular, everyday methods of pain reduction. Lack of control, a high risk of exaggerating the permissible doses can lead to serious consequences. For example, when applying ice or other sources of cold, the risk of inflammatory processes increases dramatically.
Acceptance of hormone replacement therapy is the most effective way to achieve a lasting effect, to achieve remission for a long time, to avoid the severe state of menopausal syndrome. It is prescribed as a complex therapy, reducing all the manifestations of menopause. The specific drug is determined by the doctor after a detailed examination, excluding the pathology of the reproductive system, mammary glands. Book an appointment with the best doctors here http: //45plyus.rf/registration/.
After 45 years for women comes a special period in life, during which she must more closely monitor their health. Any pain is a reason to consult a doctor, even if they are not intense or there are objective reasons for their occurrence. No one is able to predict what complications and the development of comorbidities are possible, so regular preventive check-ups, compulsory use of recommended drugs, and adherence to healthy lifestyle rules should be included in the rule.